Scholarships for current undergraduate and postgraduate students who face significant barriers to study.
Applications for this scholarship have now closed for 2023/24, and will reopen again at the start of the 2024/25 academic year.
There will be at least 6 scholarships available this year.
- Enabling Education scholarships
- Welcome Back to Education scholarships
Enabling Education scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet at least 2 of the following criteria:
- Students with a residual household income under £26,000
- Students who are carers
- Students who have 1 or more dependants under the age of 18
- Students estranged from family and under 25, or are a care leaver
- Students who are a member of a Gypsy, Roma, Traveller, Boater or Showman community
- Students who come from a military family background
- Students whose family circumstances have changed drastically since filling out their loan application. For example, bereavement, chronic illness, or divorce.
Welcome Back to Education scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the above criteria for an Enabling Education scholarship.
You must also be regarded as a mature learner. To be a mature learner, you must be 21 or older if you are at the start of undergraduate study. You must be 25 or older if you are at the start of postgraduate study.
We assess your eligibility using the details you submit in your application. We also use details from your main student record.
For questions about the scholarships or application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Applications for this scholarship are now closed for 2023/24. Applications will reopen at the start of the 2024/25 academic year.
Before getting started, you might find it helpful to read through our guidance. This includes what you should cover in your supporting statement and written reference.