Professional and short courses
Developing a Coaching Culture within your Team
Learn how to create a strong team working environment to increase creativity, inclusion and trust.
Developing a coaching culture helps to ensure everyone is empowered to think for themselves, within a supportive environment. This course is built on the work of Nancy Kline and the ten components of a Thinking Environment® developed over the last 30 years. You will be provided with knowledge and guided through practical techniques to enhance a coaching culture among teams.
- Course leader – Rachel Martin, Senior Lecturer and Certified Facilitator for Time to Think®
- Duration – 1 day
Dates and times
Please contact us to discuss future dates
£95 per person
Who is this course for?
This course is relevant for any healthcare professional wishing to develop their coaching and communication skills and knowledge. It is particularly relevant for people who manage teams or work cross functionally to achieve shared objectives.
What will I learn?
On this course you will:
- Learn to create a coaching culture and a stronger team working environment to encourage inclusivity and trust.
- Develop your awareness of different behaviours to enhance team communication and positive relationships.
- Learn about practical applications and strategies to lead and engage others and increase creativity and commitment to new ideas.
How will I learn?
The course will provide opportunities for self-reflection and shared discussion, working individually, in pairs and as a wider group.
How will it benefit my employer or service?
An employee who has completed this course will be able to:
- Build a stronger team working environment which encourages inclusivity and trust amongst team members
- Enhance shared communication and collective leadership
- Increase creativity and improve quality of decision making and commitment to ideas
Course leader biographies
As an experienced lecturer, facilitator and coach, and Subject Director for CPD in the School of Health Sciences, Rachel teach on a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
She also designs and facilitates bespoke leadership courses for organisations including the NHS. She is a Certified Facilitator for Time to Think (Nancy Kline) and is inspired by generating independent thinking and enhancing individual and team communication.
Rachel is passionate about working with individuals and teams to develop the skills to engage and build positive working relationships and to think independently.
Continuing Professional Development at York St John University
Boost skills, knowledge and confidence with a professional or short course from York St John University. We offer professional learning and development opportunities for teams and individuals, from single sessions to longer courses.
To express an interest in this course, please fill in the form below with your details and we will be in touch soon.