Browser does not support script.

Visa and Immigration

London Campus Visa Applications

How to get a UK student visa for study at our London Campus.

Entrance to the York St John University London Campus

Most degree-seeking students will come to the UK under the Student Route (formerly known as Tier 4).

Under the Student category, the university becomes your sponsor in the UK. York St John University will be your sponsor after your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) has been issued.

From January 2021, EU and EEA students will also need to apply under this visa route.

If you have any questions or if you wish to set up an appointment to speak to an advisor, email

Student Visa Application information

London Campus doors

Apply for your Student Visa outside the UK (Entry Clearance)

You must apply for your Student visa in your country of residence or your country of nationality.

A student studying. They are writing with a black pen in their hand.

Apply for your Student Visa inside the UK (Visa extension)

If you are in the UK on a different type of visa and intend to switch to the Student route from within the UK, or you need to apply for a visa extension to finish your current studies, please contact our Visa and Compliance team on for advice.

Three London students walking by campus

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

How to apply for your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), a unique letter/number code which will enable you to apply for a Student visa.

London student sat at a registration desk

Student Visa Sponsorship

If you're a student in the UK on a student visa, you have responsibilities relating to Authorized Absence, Attendance, Change of immigration status and Change in course.

Cookie Settings