Browser does not support script.

Visa and Immigration

York campus visa applications

Information about how to apply for a visa to study at our York campus.

Front of campus

Most degree-seeking students will come to the UK under the Student Route (formerly known as Tier 4).

Under the Student category, the university becomes your sponsor in the UK. York St John University will be your sponsor after your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) has been issued.

From January 2021, EU and EEA students will also need to apply under this visa route.

If you have any questions or if you wish to set up an appointment to speak to an advisor, email

Application information

Campus buildings

Entry clearance

You will need to apply for Entry Clearance when you apply for a Student visa from your home country.

York St John University building

Leave to Remain

You will need to apply for Leave to Remain if you are joining York St John University from another institution (switching sponsors) or if you are applying for a visa extension to finish your current studies.

Student smiling at a global campus event

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

How to apply for your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), a unique letter/number code which will enable you to apply for a Student visa.

Student sitting in a cafe with a laptop

Student visa conditions

As a visa-holding student in the UK, there are important conditions to be aware of. Find out about attendance, term time absences and other responsibilities.

Close up of top floor of De Grey building exterior against blue sky

Standard Visitor and Short-term study visas

If you are coming to the UK for a short course or to study English language only, you may be able to apply for a Standard Visitor visa or Short-term study visa.

Cookie Settings